Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Moving house

Even though Flatmate has not yet lifted a finger to pack or clean anything ( I predict the packing will start the night before we have to get out- the cleaning will be left entirely to Lovebird and me) the move is going well so far. Phyllis came round with her car yesterday and took all my boxes to my mum's house. I hope it's not a bad idea to leave house plants at my mum's. There are about fifty plants in that house, and every single one appears to be dead. Killed by the smell, I expect. I really don't want to clean the oven. I cleaned it a couple of weeks ago and then asked the boys to only use it if they were going to put their food in a pan or oven tray. Doesn't sound like much to ask, does it? I caught Flatmate cooking four chicken thighs the other day in an oven tray he had made by turning up the sides of a piece of silver foil. Dirty bastard. The fat was running freely into the fire (or electric element). The last two times I moved it was me who had to clean the oven. And, come to think of it, the last two times Lovebird moved. Hmmm. Phyllis is moving some more stuff for us on Thursday night. She's also bringing round an axe so we can destroy the sofa on our roof. I want that job, let someone else do the oven! I've said this before on this blog, but that girl is an angel. I have a lot of stuff. Specially considering I threw out all my ornaments, all my junk and a lot of crappy old paper (chucking the P60s turned out to be a BAD idea). It's only clothes, books, cds and pictures. That's all I own, but there's a lot of them. Despite recent purges I still own upwards of thirty party dresses. The van's coming on Friday!!! Then the landlord... (at 4pm, but we've told Flatmate 2pm...)

2 comments:

weierstrass said...

"cooking four chicken thighs the other day in an oven tray he had made by turning up the sides of a piece of silver foil"

the mentality of someone educated to believe that everything is okay as long as you make an effort? or try to look as if you made an effort, of course.

problemshelved said...

It's not as if we didn't have a cupboard bursting with real oven trays. He just likes to pretend he's a caveman and more importantly that NO ONE TELLS HIM WHAT TO DO, especially if he knows it won't be him cleaning up...