Friday, December 08, 2006

Christmas

I'm quite excited about Christmas this year. I think it might be a non-stop party. (Even more than my life during the rest of the year, of course). I already have a huge organic pudding sitting in my cupboard and a tiny live Christmas tree sitting in my mum's garden ( at some point I have to get her to drive it over- that bucket will never fit in my bike basket). Prepared or what? All I need to do is get some booze in, and Bob's your uncle. My friend at college is going to Madagascar for Christmas, though, and I must confess I'm slightly jealous. Mean-spirited of me, I know, since I myself am going to Pembrokeshire for four days. She's been telling me all about eating mangoes on the beach on Christmas day with her Madagascan boyfriend. Lovely. But I have a real good feeling about Christmas in London this year. I have already received a card, from a really scary stalker woman I have been trying to avoid since 2001. How does she have my new address? It had some pink high heels on the front and said 'Rock around the Christmas tree!' on the front (pretty unlikely, given the size of my tree). At least it didn't have a photo of my taken through my bedroom window tucked inside. For a moment I was frightened it would. Yes, this Christmas is going to be mental. All the signs are right. And the weather has been so correspondingly mental all this year that it pretty much has to snow. If you think I've brought the subject of Christmas up too early you obviously don't listen to Magic (all my blogs are about Magic recently). They started playing a Christmas song every seventh track on December 1st and are gradually upping the ratio. As if Magic wasn't shit enough already!

11 comments:

woodscolt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
woodscolt said...

Everyone knows that after Remebrance Sunday, Christmas is fair game! I am so looking forward to this years' too. Although Christmas shopping with mum gave me a nervous breakdown and ended in a crying fit (both of us). As always.

woodscolt said...

And Christmas songs are like one of the best things about Christmas!

woodscolt said...

I see that Christmas also induces a certain overuse of the exclamation mark, too.

problemshelved said...

But I don't want to have everyone in my house fed up of Christmas songs before I get the chance to start playing my nine Christmas CDs.

woodscolt said...

Nine? Amateur.

Do you want a copy of the Elvis Christmas CD? It's very good.

problemshelved said...

I have the elvis one, its wicked

refractoryperiod said...

After decorating my house I became a festive machine making three christmas cd albums, which you're welcome to copy. Ppl range from dolly parton, willie nelson, bing, nat king, doris day... granted there are tunes with less credability like 'grandma got run over by a reindeer'or the Chipmunks sing christmas. Christmas songs ARE one of the best things about christmas!

problemshelved said...

Oh my God Joey, have you already decorated your house? There's still two weeks to go! Your Christmas tree will die!
Emmanuelle asked me to bring some Christmas music to Jack's on Friday, so maybe you should bring some too.
Have you heard the new Christmas tune, 'Santa's a Scotsman'?

woodscolt said...

That wasn't me! I am decorating my house this weekend, and doing my christmas baking. I have already sent Jack a recipe for mulled wine, maybe I'll make a Best Christmas Songs Ever CD for them as well.

problemshelved said...

Oh sorry, that was you liz. Bloody hell, all i've done is buy some reduced sausage rolls (37p) and put them in the freezer.